The AirPhysio device removes mucus by utilising oscillations (vibrations) to enable smooth movement. This will enable easier breathing and improve any respiratory conditions.
Open and expand airways
AirPhysio assists to open blocked airways to breathe easier to help you access your full lung capacity.
Improve overall lung health and function
Improve day to day breathing by using the AirPhysio device twice per day. This device can help to slow down the progression and prevent some respiratory conditions from forming.
Frequently asked questions
What is a mucus clearance device?
A mucus clearance device is a medical device designed to help people with respiratory conditions to clear excess mucus from their airways. Mucus is a natural substance produced by the body to protect and lubricate the airways, but excess mucus can become thick and sticky, making it difficult to clear from the lungs. Mucus clearance devices work by providing oscillating positive pressure to the airways, which helps to vibrate and loosen the mucus, making it easier to cough up and clear from the lungs.
For more information, watch our youtube video here.
Can my child use the device?
Yes, the AirPhysio can be used by children aged 5 years and up. We recommend the AirPhysio Mucus Clearance device for Children
How often should I be using the device?
It is recommended to use the AirPhysio 1-2 times daily for 2-3 minutes. Regular use of the device will see improvements over time. Use the device 1 hour before bed to assist in clearing your lungs and in the morning.
What conditions does the device assist with?
- Recovery of colds and flu
- Lung expansion
How do I get the ball to move when I breathe?
Make sure the cap is slightly angled and it is facing the ceiling. Hold a constant and breath for 3-5 seconds, do not try to blow too hard into the device otherwise the ball bearing will lift in the first breath.
Use the devices 1-2 times per minute and 10 times in total. It may take a few goes to lift the ball bearing and start the mucus clearing process.
Click HERE to watch an instructional video.
How long does AirPhysio last?
The device itself does not have a fixed lifespan, but the lifespan of its components can vary depending on how often it is used and how well it is maintained. It is important to clean the device regularly as instructed by the manufacturer to prevent the buildup of debris and moisture to ensure optimal performance.
How quickly does it work?
The AirPhysio device works instantly, it will improve breathing after using the device within the first few breaths.
The device is recommended to be used twice per day, which will assist with long term breathing.
Do I need to take any medication when I use the device?
We advise seeking medical clearance and advise from your health professional prior to purchasing the AirPhysio device.
Where can I see the certifications and reports for AirPhysio?
View the latest AirPhysio certifications and reports here.
Which AirPhysio should I buy?
Choosing the right AirPhysio device will depend on your specific respiratory condition. There are a few different models of AirPhysio available, each designed for different types of respiratory conditions and levels of severity:
AirPhysio for Low Lung Capacity- Specifically designed for those with low lung capacity due to more severe respiratory conditions, such as management of asthma, COPD, Bronchiectasis and/or recovery of colds and flu, including those of advanced age.
AirPhysio for Average Lung Capacity- Suitable for those with less severe respiratory conditions of asthma, COPD, Bronchiectasis, cystic fibrosis etc to improve their day-to-day breathing.
AirPhysio for Children- Designed for children recovering from colds and flu and for management of asthma.
AirPhysio Sports- Specifically designed for athletes and those who engage in strenuous physical activity. During exercise, the body requires more oxygen, and the lungs must work harder to supply the body with the necessary oxygen. AirPhysio Sports work by providing resistance to breathing, which can help strengthen the respiratory muscles and increase lung capacity. The device is also beneficial for athletes who suffer from conditions such as asthma or exercise-induced bronchoconstriction.
Is AirPhysio safe?
AirPhysio is generally considered safe when used as directed by the manufacturer. It is a non-invasive, drug-free device that works by providing oscillating positive pressure to the airways, helping to clear mucus buildup and improve lung function.
Do you have breathing exercises I can practise with my AirPhysio device?
1. Take a deep abdominal breath and fill your lungs completely
2. Hold your breath for 2 to 3 seconds
3. Place the AirPhysio in your mouth and exhale at a consistent pace for 3-5 seconds until you empty your lungs. Take it easy and don’t blow too hard, too quickly as it may make you feel tight in the chest.
4. The aim is to make the steel ball oscillate (move) so it lifts slightly off the cone. Most people can achieve this without too much exertion, but it may take a little while to train up your lung capacity.
5. Adjust the device so the cap faces the ceiling and tilt it until you achieve maximum vibrations in your chest. To amplify the effect in your chest, try to keep your cheeks fully expanded.
6. After exhaling through the device, you may feel mucus gathering at the back of your throat or near the top of your lungs. If so, cough to expel the mucus.
7. Repeat steps 1 to 6 for approximately two times per minute for up to five minutes. To reduce the chance of feeling lightheaded, take two deep breaths between each session.
Tip: Use AirPhysio to improve the distribution and effectiveness of aerosol medication.
How do I assemble, disassemble and clean the device?
The AirPhysio comes assembled, containing the following parts and accessories:
- Circular cone
- Stainless steel ball
- Child-resistant protective cover
- Mouthpiece and base
- Mouthpiece cap
To unlock the child-resistant clear top cap
1. Grasp the clear cap with one hand and the body with the other hand
2. Twist the cap 0.3” anti-clockwise (note: the cap may be stiff when twisting, (as to deter children from opening the device)
3. Lift the clear cap from the body of the device and disassemble for cleaning
4. Pull clear cap away from blue body
How to clean the AirPhysio device (For Single-Patient Use of AirPhysio):
1. It is necessary to clean the AirPhysio device after each session to remove moisture and/or mucus from the internal components.
2. Disassemble your AirPhysio device
3. Wash in a solution of tap water and mild soap or detergent.
4. Rinse all components with tap water.
5. Wipe with a clean towel. Reassemble and store in a clean, dry location.
6. A more vigorous cleaning is recommended at least once a day. Wipe or rinse the already-cleaned components in an alcohol solution (ethyl or isopropyl alcohol) with a 60-90% concentration.
$67.00 USD$46.00 USD
$67.00 USD$46.00 USD
$67.00 USD$46.00 USD
$67.00 USD$46.00 USD
$34.00 USD$21.00 USD
What to expect when you use the AirPhysio device
How to use the AirPhysio device
How does the AirPhysio device work
How does AirPhysio work in the lungs
, by AussiePharnaDirect Aussie Glow: A-Beauty's Eco-Friendly Skincare Domination
, by AussiePharmaDirect What You Should Know about Pain Relief Creams
, by AussiePharmaDirect Hidden Germs at Home: 7 Areas You Need to Pay Extra Attention To